Article: The Best Moments of the 2021-22 Premier League Season
By Jonathan Lewis | 20th Sep 2022
The 2021-22 Premier League season was one of the best in history. There were plenty of exceptional moments. On the other hand, if you predicted last season’s winners and you feel you can anticipate who is going to be the top dog this time around, you should place your bets early to get the best odds. Also, if you check out bestbettingsites.co.uk you can find the best betting bonuses to increase your winnings.
In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the best moments of the last season. Whether it’s an impossible goal or a jaw-dropping save, these moments are sure to get your heart racing.
Some Of The Best Moments
- One great moment from this season came when Arsenal took on Manchester United at Old Trafford. This match was always going to be a heated one, as these two teams are fierce rivals. However, nobody could have predicted just how hectic it would get. In the first half, Arsenal took a two-goal lead thanks to some great play by their forwards. However, Manchester United came back in the second half and scored three goals to take the lead. The match ended up being a thrilling one, with Arsenal ultimately winning by a score of five to four.
- Another moment which was memorable occurred in the first half of the season. In the opening match of the league, Liverpool took on Leeds United at Anfield. The game was a highly anticipated one, as it was Leeds’ first game back in the Premier League after 16 years away. Liverpool got off to a great start, scoring three goals in the first half. However, Leeds fought back and scored two goals of their own in the second half. The match ended up being a thrilling one, with Liverpool ultimately winning by a score of four to three.
Teams That Surprised Everybody In The Season
A lot of teams surprised everybody and upset the odds last season:
- One of those teams is Leeds United, who many people thought would struggle in their first season back in the Premier League. However, they performed well and avoided relegation, eventually finishing in 17th place. Not bad for a team that was just promoted!
- Another team that performed better than expected was Leicester City. They ended the season in 4th place, ahead of teams like Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur. It was an excellent result for them, and we can’t wait to see how they do in this season.
- Finally, we have Aston Villa. Last season they were one of the most consistent teams in the league, and they challenged for a European spot on top of finishing in 6th place.
What We Can Expect For Season 2022-23?
The 2022-23 Premier League season started one week earlier than usual, on the weekend of August 6, 2022. There will be 16 game weeks until the weekend of November 12-13, then there will be a pause for the World Cup. Let’s take a look at what we can expect for this season.
- One thing we can expect is that there will be plenty of close games. With so many teams now challenging for the title, it’s going to be difficult to predict who is going to win on any given day.
- We can also expect there to be plenty of goal-scoring. With so many talented strikers in the league, we’re sure to see some spectacular goals next season.
- We’re also expecting another competitive battle for the top four spots. With Leicester City and Aston Villa both improving their squads this summer, they’ll be looking to break into the top four again next season.
We’re in for another exciting season of Premier League football. We can’t wait to see what unfolds over the next few months.
Jonathan Lewis is an MFF sports writer